This is the obligatory page that addresses all things legal pertaining to our beads and business. Certainly not as much fun as the other pages!
Here are the highlights:
- All of our brands and products are legally protected by Federal Trademark and Copyright. Copying product branding, designs, names or any other aspect of our product line is illegal.
- Our products are not recommended for use by children under the age of 14.
- Some products may contain lead.
Here are the details:
Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE ON OUR SITE.
- Acceptance of Agreement. You agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Terms and Conditions of use Agreement ("Agreement") with respect to our site (the "Site"). This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between us and you, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to the Site, the content, products or services provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended by us at any time and from time to time without specific notice to you. The latest Agreement will be posted on the Site, and you should review this Agreement prior to using the Site.
- Copyright. The content, organization, products, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, registered trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site, except as allowed by Section 4, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
- Editing, Deleting and Modification. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site, including this Agreement, without further notice to users of the Site.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, attorneys, staff and affiliates (collectively, "Affiliated Parties") harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
- Disclaimer. THE INFORMATION AND PRODUCTS FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY PRODUCT, INFORMATION OR SERVICE. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION, WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- Links to Other Web Sites. The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Web sites, and such Web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
- Venue. Applicable Law. YOU AGREE THAT ALL ACTIONS OR PROCEEDINGS ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SAMPLES OR PRODUCTS OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH SUCH USE, SHALL BE LITIGATED IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF SUFFOLK COUNTY, MASSACHUSETTS OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS. YOU ARE EXPRESSLY SUBMITTING AND CONSENTING IN ADVANCE TO SUCH JURISDICTION IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING IN ANY OF SUCH COURTS, AND ARE WAIVING ANY CLAIM THAT FRANKLIN, MASSACHUSETTS OR THE DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS IS AN INCONVENIENT FORUM OR AN IMPROPER FORUM BASED ON LACK OF VENUE. As such, the laws of Massachusetts will govern the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and elsewhere throughout the Site, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
- Verify Members' Address: Beads for a Cause and its subsidiaries reserve the right to contact a Member via email to verify the accuracy of billing and shipping information that is needed to provide the customer with prompt delivery and customer service.
- Contest Rules: CONTEST PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE RULES OF THE CONTEST. a)ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. b) ELIGIBILITY: CONTESTS ARE OPEN TO LEGAL US RESIDENTS OVER THE AGE OF 18. c) WINNER SELECTION: SUBMISSIONS ARE JUDGED BY TH EMPLOYEES OF BEADS FOR A CAUSE. ALL DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES ARE FINAL. d) WINNER NOTIFICATION: CONTEST WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED WITHIN (14) DAYS OF CONTEST END. INABILITY TO CONTACT A WINNER MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND SELECTION OF AN ALTERNATIVE WINNER. e) PARTICIPANTS HEREBY GRANT BACK TO BUSINESS, llc, CONFIDENCE BEADS AND BEADS FOR A CAUSE A NON- EXCLUSIVE,PERPETUAL WORLDWIDE LICENSE TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, STORE, REPRODUCE, DISTRIBUTE,SYNDICATE AND OTHERWISE USE AND EXHIBIT CONTEST SUBMISSIONS.f) BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM OR COMPANY. g) RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. h) NAMES OF CONTEST WINNERS MAY BE OBTAINED BY SENDING A SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPE TO CONFIDENCE BEADS, 43 MAIN STREET STE 246, FRANKLIN MA 02038